This scholarship will be given in honor of Diane Fisher who passed away in October 2003. Diane Fisher, a Document Preparation Specialist, was an employee of UF for 15 years. She worked closely with departments and students to ensure proper and timely processing of student documents. She was an individual who always gave more than was required. UFIC honors her memory of dedication by establishing the annual Diane Fisher Scholarship to international students who show exemplary service to UF and/or the Gainesville community.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: October 2nd, 2020.
See here for application instructions and frequently asked questions.
How much is the scholarship for?
Two (2) students will receive $500
Do I qualify to apply?
- Currently enrolled full-time in a Bachelors program
- A non-immigrant F-1/J-1 student visa holder in good standing
- Holds at least a 3.0 G.P.A.
- Exhibits outstanding service/contributions to their department/UF or broader community
How do I apply?
- Email Subject: “Applicant Name – Diane Fisher”
- Application submission form - cover letter
- Three letters of recommendation
- 500 – 800 word essay on the following topic:
“How have you contributed to the University of Florida and the Gainesville community? How has your international background made an impact in your contributions?”
- Submit a complete application to the scholarship coordinator, Sharon Brown, by October 2nd, 2020.
When will the scholarship recipients be announced?
Late October 2020.
How will I receive my award?
The event ceremony will be held online this year. Your plaques will be mailed to you after the ceremony.
How will I receive my scholarship?
Those who receive the award will be asked for additional information after the winners have been announced. The award will take 4 – 6 weeks to process and will be applied directly to the students student account.
I have other questions; who do I ask?
Sharon Brown, email@example.com