The UFIC is pleased to announce a second Scarborough Agency Award. The Scarborough Agency has provided an insurance option for international students for over 19 years. The agency established this award to show appreciation for the outstanding service provided by the International Student Services staff. The award will be given in honor of Mrs. Maud Fraser, who provided outstanding service to international students for 13 years; Mrs. Fraser retired June 30, 2010.
Submit a complete application to the scholarship coordinator, Sharon Brown, by October 2nd, 2020.
How much is the scholarship for?
One (1) student will receive $1000
Do I qualify to apply?
- Currently enrolled full-time in a Masters or Ph.D. program
- A non-immigrant F-1/J-1 student visa holder in good standing
- Holds at least a 3.0 G.P.A.
- Exhibits outstanding service/contributions to their department/UF or broader community
How do I apply?
- Email Subject: “Applicant Name – Scarborough - Maud Fraser”
- Application Submission Form - cover letter
- Three letters of recommendation
- 500 – 800 word essay on the following topic:
“How have you contributed to the University of Florida and the Gainesville community? How has your international background made an impact in your contributions?”
- Submit a complete application to the scholarship coordinator, Sharon Brown, by October 2nd, 2020.
When will the scholarship recipients be announced?
Late October 2020.
How will I receive my award?
The International Student Achievement Awards will be held online this year.
Date: Tuesday, November 17th, 2020.
How will I receive my scholarship?
Those who receive the award will be asked for additional information after the winners have been announced. The award will take 4 – 6 weeks to process and will be applied directly to the students student account.
I have other questions; who do I ask?
Sharon Brown, email@example.com