Because of the pandemic and difficulty of international travel, this program is currently on hold. Please check back periodically for updates.
This new program is intended to enhance the applications of faculty members who are planning or contemplating applying for a Fulbright award by supporting an initial visit to the proposed host institution in advance of submitting the application. The goal is to allow the faculty member to strengthen his or her application with more concrete goals and information regarding the host institution, and to secure local letters of support or related documentation.
The award will provide a grant of $1,000 towards the cost of conducting a visit to the potential host.
- The award is open to all regular UF faculty who are eligible for a Fulbright award; adjunct and visiting faculty are not eligible. Evidence of initial contact with the potential host institution is strongly recommended.
- Travel to the proposed international destination
- A brief follow up trip report describing the potential collaboration if Fulbright is awarded
Rolling applications accepted throughout the academic year.
Proposal Preparation and Submission
Application package includes:
- Name of UF faculty and his/her department affiliation, along with a brief CV.
- A letter describing the proposed Fulbright site and application and the expected advantages of an initial site visit. The statement should include a brief description of the anticipated benefits to teaching and/or research of the proposed Fulbright project.
- Email your application to Claire Anumba at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Claire Anumba, Special Project Coordinator, Office for Global Research Engagement, University of Florida International Center. E: email@example.com T: 352-273-0544