Because of the pandemic and difficulty of international travel, this program is currently on hold. Please check back periodically for updates.
An opportunity for an experienced faculty member to bring a less experienced colleague to his or her international research site. The program is designed to allow faculty to explore potential new research collaborative opportunities.
The program will cover the cost of airfare for one member of the team. The other member must have other funds available for travel. Each year the International Center expects to fund up to four such visits.
- Full time UF faculty with a research appointment; adjuncts and visiting faculty are not eligible.
- An established record of research by the senior faculty member at the proposed international destination.
- Travel to the proposed international destination.
- A brief follow-up Trip Report from the team describing activities, connections to local organizations and individuals, and expected follow-up activities.
Amount of Award
- One international, economy class flight from Florida to the planned destination.
Proposal Submission Process
Application package includes:
- Names of faculty and their department affiliations
- A letter describing the following:
- Senior faculty member’s experience at the proposed research site
- Potential benefit to the less experienced faculty member in visiting the proposed research site.
- Potential scholarly activities that might result from this joint trip experience.
Email your request to Dr. Sandra Russo, Director, Office for Global Research Engagement – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rolling, applications accepted throughout the academic year.
Dr. Sandra Russo, Director, Office for Global Research Engagement – email@example.com