Because of the pandemic and difficulty of international travel, this program is currently on hold. Please check back in early in the spring semester for updates.
This program provides a limited number of travel grants for current Academic Managers of UF reciprocal student exchange programs to visit their respective international partner institutions. We seek to recognize and support faculty and staff members who actively contribute to these important programs, and to provide opportunities for faculty and staff to update their knowledge about partner universities, and to explore potential areas of expansion or improvement of existing programs. We anticipate that faculty and staff will use the opportunity to meet with their counterparts and program coordinators abroad, as well as current UF exchange students at the host site; observe classes at the host institution; visit housing options and other facilities available to UF exchange students; and explore the potential for expansion or enhancement of existing exchange programs.
The award is open to all regular UF faculty and staff who are currently serving as Academic Managers for a reciprocal exchange agreement. We will also consider applications from faculty who wish to explore a potential new exchange partner. Adjunct and visiting faculty are not eligible. Evidence of initial contact with the potential host institution is strongly recommended. Preference will be given to applicants who have not visited the international partner school in the past three years. We also encourage applicants to time their visits, as possible, to overlap with UF students on site at the host university.
- Travel to the proposed international destination for approx. 3-5 days.
- A follow up trip report describing the visit and recommendations on how to move forward.
Amount of Award
The amount of the award is based on the cost of an international economy class ticket and reasonable travel expenses for 3-5 days (per diem, lodging).
Rolling applications accepted throughout the academic year.
Application package includes:
- A 1-2 page letter of interest explaining involvement with the exchange program to date, what you hope to accomplish, your rationale for a site visit, and an approximate timeframe and schedule for the trip. Please also note previous visits or stays at the host institution.
- A proposed budget for the visit
Application Submission Process
- Email your application to Susanne Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org
UFIC, Susanne Hill, Executive Director - email@example.com