The International Center provides training, tools, and funding to support UF faculty in developing new and innovative faculty-led study abroad programs. Our goal is to increase diversity in study abroad participation from students in under-represented majors, under-represented ethnic/racial/gender identities, and in non-traditional locations. A series of workshops will be offered in the Spring semester for faculty to be able to develop a robust program proposal for the following summer (~ 1 year lead time).
Eligibility: Tenured and tenure-track UF faculty, lectures, and other non-tenured faculty who have ongoing teaching appointments in undergraduate degree-granting units. Adjunct faculty are not eligible.
Mode: In person training sessions.
Deliverable: Study abroad program proposal / program implementation. Summer, Fall, or Spring term programs (Summer programs will need to offer at least 6 credits)
Award: A $ 3,500 grant to use for a site visit to the chosen international location and the development of a detailed program proposal.
Deadline: Applications are due November 1, 2019. A program site visit will need to be completed by August 2020
Dates: Spring 2020
Questions: Study Abroad Services, Susanne Hill -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Attendance at five mandatory workshops:
- Program Development: January 24, 2020, 3:00 - 4:30 pm
- Risk Management: February 7, 2020, 3:00 - 4:30 pm
- Intercultural Competency: March 6, 2020, 3:00 - 4:30 pm
- E-Portfolio: March 20, 2020, 3:00 - 4:30 pm
- Employability, + Presentations of Proposals: April 17, 2020, 3:00 - 6:00 pm
- Application Form
- Letter of support from your chair, school director, department head, or Dean, expressing interest and commitment in candidate’s research and international endeavors experience.
- Personal Statement of Interest describing:
- Why you are interested in developing and leading a study abroad program?
- What type of students you seek to attract and why?
- How you think students will benefit from this type of experience?
- Your background in international teaching (if applicable).
- Possible locations and types of courses you would propose. Include a justification of potential benefits of offering this course abroad rather than on the UF campus.
TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION: Combine all your materials (This application form, statement of interest, cv, and letter of support) into one PDF file. Send your application to Susanne Hill (SHill@ufic.ufl.edu) by November 1, 2019.