Letter Request

To request a letter for Verification of Student Status, an Expense letter, or a letter of invitation for Graduation or a visit, use on of the following forms and submit to the respective email:

I-20/DS-2019 Requests

To initiate a request, click on the orange button and use your GatorLink credentials to login. Please make sure you only create one request. To return to your request, please use the ISSS login button from the top of the side menu.

Process Instructions Request
I-20/DS-2019 Extension Request

The I-20 Extension (for F-1 students) and the DS-2019 Extension (for J-1 students) are for students who are not able to complete their degree requirements before the program end date listed on their I-20/DS-2019 Form.  Instructions for submitting the extension request are outlined below.  Once the I-20/DS-2019 has been processed, the student will be notified by email.

Extension Eligibility Guidelines:

  • Students must have maintained their legal status on a continued basis
  • The extension request must be supported by “compelling academic or medical reasons.”
  • The application for extension must be submitted to UFIC within a 90-day period prior to the expiration of the current I-20/DS-2019.
  • Extensions are granted for a maximum of one year at a time.  If additional time is needed, a second request may be submitted at a future date.
  • F-2/J-2 dependent extensions are granted at the same time as extensions for the primary F-1/J-1.

F-1 Extension



J-1 Extension 

  • To request a reprint of your I-20/DS-2019 and/or  your dependent's I-20/DS-2019, for travel of if the I-20/DS-2019 has been damaged, lost, or stolen. If you are requesting an I-20 reprint for travel, please drop off your current I-20 by our office to process your Travel Signature.
  • To update your program information (if your I-20 does not show the right major).
  • To remove any dependents from your I-20.

I-20 Reprint



DS-2019 Reprint

Update Financial Information



Update financial information on an I-20/DS-2019.




F-1 Update



J-1 Update

Change of Educational Level (COL) Request a new I-20 for admission to a new program.  F-1 COL
Add New Dependent To add dependents (F-2/ J-2). Add Dependent