Please be aware that transcripts may take two months or longer to be sent from your host institution.

  • If you have special circumstances (like graduating upon return), make sure an original transcript is sent to UFIC immediately before you leave your program.
  • If you are participating in a semester or academic year program, please be aware that transcripts from these schools often do not reach us until the full academic year has ended. 
  • Course equivalencies for exchange programs: If your study abroad transcript includes courses for which you did not receive UF equivalencies prior to departure, it will be your responsibility to obtain course equivalencies for them while abroad. Your first step is to determine which department(s) at UF would offer these courses. Once you have made this determination, you will need to meet with that department's Undergraduate Coordinator for the equivalencies. We recommend you spend some time to think about which department is the best fit for your overseas course as well as your own academic needs. UFIC highly recommends that you bring course descriptions and/or syllabi with you when you meet with the departments to facilitate the process. This process can also be done via email with your study abroad advisor and the undergraduate coordinator in the department in which you’re seeking credit.
    • Please make sure to bring a blank academic advising form that the Undergraduate Coordinator can use to assign course equivalencies. Once you have obtained all necessary equivalencies, please submit the form to our office, so that we can process your transcript and get your course work posted to your UF transcript.  
  • Course equivalencies for non-UF programs: If your study abroad transcript lists transfer credit courses that you did not get approved prior to departure, you have two options:
    • You can choose to obtain UF course equivalencies for the classes you took abroad.  If so, please follow the instructions for obtaining course equivalencies outlined above in the exchange section.
    • You can choose to receive elective credit for the classes you took abroad. In this case, you would not have to obtain any course equivalencies and our office will process the foreign transcript without equivalencies.
  • If you are receiving scholarships such as Florida Bright Futures, National Merit, etc., your scholarship in the following academic schoool year will not be released until the courses and grades are posted. This is because some scholarships require that students demonstrate that they have completed 24 hours of course work during the previous academic year and passed all courses. It is possible that your scholarship will be released as late as the middle or end of the semester. It is therefore critical to arrange to bring an official, sealed transcript home with you or to have your transcript sent as soon as possible.