The Brian and Kate Harfe International Exchange Award provides need-based scholarships for University of Florida College of Liberal Arts and Sciences students studying abroad at one of the following institutions:
- University of Sydney, Australia
- The University of Melbourne, Australia
- Cardiff University, Wales
- The University of Aberdeen, Scotland
- Royal Holloway University of London, United Kingdom
- The University of Glasgow, Scotland (coming in Fall 2019)
Preference will be given to students spending an entire year abroad. Applications for this scholarship will be reviewed only after an applicant has completed an application to one of the above exchange programs.
|Fall & Academic Year||March 15th|
Application (include all the below in one file):
- Name, Address, Major, Exchange program that you have applied to.
- Is your exchange program one semester long or two semesters long?
- Statement of why funds are required for participation in one of the above exchange programs. Included an explanation of how the funds will be used, keeping in mind that awards will be limited to approx. $400.
- A small number of larger awards are possible, if justified in detail.
All materials should be emailed to Dr. Joseph F. Spillane at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are awarded a scholarship you agree to serve as an ambassador for the exchange that you participated in. This could entail giving brief presentations to UF students and/or writing a brief summary of your experience abroad.