The UF International Center is very pleased to announce a competition for Passport to the World scholarships for students applying for a passport for the first time. This scholarship award, in the amount of $200, will provide a reimbursement for the full costs of obtaining a U.S. passport. Selected students will be required to pay related fees up front and will be reimbursed in the form of a scholarship to the student’s UF account after submitting proof of payment of passport application fees. Applicants must apply for passport at UF Mail & Document Services. The Application deadline is August 23rd , 2019.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at UF
- Must be a U.S. citizen, eligible to apply for a U.S. Passport
- Must be eligible for a Pell Grant
- Must be a first-time applicant for a U.S. Passport
- Must apply to a UF Study Abroad program for Spring 2020, Summer 2020, or Fall 2020.
- Must apply for U.S. Passport at UF Mail & Document Services. (Appointment Required, please call 352-392-1134)
Step I: Before Applying for a U.S. Passport
- Complete the Passport to the World Scholarship online application, Statement of Financial Need, and Essay (200 words) by the application deadline of Friday, August 23rd , 2019. (Awards will be announced the first week in September).
Step II: Apply for a U.S. Passport
- Apply for passport at UF Mail and Document Services by Monday, September 30th, 2019. Visit http://maildocserv.ufl.edu/Contact.aspx for more information.
- Payment for Passport Application must be made directly at UF Mail & Document Services. (Note $110 must be paid in the form of check or money order to the U.S. Department of State). Processing fee of $35 and passport photo fee must be paid separately.
Step III: Submit Receipt of Payment for Passport Application Processing Fee to UFIC
- Obtain proof of payment of Application Fee (register receipt) from UF Mail and Document Services.
- Present proof of Passport Application processing fee payment ($35), Full name, and Student ID to Dr. Angela Miller (Amiller@ufic.ufl.edu) by Monday, September 30th, 2019.
Step IV: Scholarship Award
- Scholarship Awards will be announced during the first week in September to your UF email address.
- Passport to the World Scholarship award in the amount of $200 (for Passport Application, processing fee, and two passport photos) will be posted to your UF account.
- Award can only be made to the UF student who applied for the passport (and shows proof thereof), and cannot be made to third parties.
- If awarded, please allow several weeks for the scholarship to be posted to your UF account.
- Applications for Passport renewals and replacements are not eligible for this scholarship
- Applications for Passport Cards are not eligible for this scholarship
- Applications for name changes on Passports are not eligible for this scholarship
For more information regarding required documents and Passport application procedures, visit http://travel.state.gov/.
Passport Applications and payment must be submitted in person at UF Mail & Document Services
For more information, contact:
UF Mail & Document Services
Appointments Available: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 11:30 am; 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm.
Building 715 Radio Road
Gainesville, FL 32611