The University of Florida Fulbright Faculty Support Program
To encourage and support UF faculty applications for Fulbright Scholar awards, the UF Provost’s Office in conjunction with the UF International Center is pleased to sponsor the UF Fulbright Faculty Support Program. This voluntary program guarantees that UF faculty who receive Fulbright Scholar awards will maintain their status as full-time (1.0 FTE) faculty, including their full UF base salary and full UF benefits, in addition to the Fulbright award benefits, during the tenure of their award. The faculty member’s college, in consultation with the department, will cover replacement teaching cost in cases where that is determined to be necessary. Colleges may request help from the provost’s office to offset such costs as needed.
- This program is only available for these three awards: Fulbright Scholar, Fulbright Public Policy Fellowship, or Fulbright Distinguished Scholar. Of these three awards, the program is only applicable if the award duration is a semester or more, so does not include Fulbright Flex options.
- Deadline to apply for the 2024/2025 Fulbright cycle is October 15, 2023
- All future cycles will have a deadline of September 30th
- Must be a UF faculty member in good standing
- Faculty applicants must enroll with the International Center by completing and submitting the registration form before the application deadline of the Fulbright program to which they are applying.
- The faculty member’s department chair and the appropriate dean’s office must approve the faculty’s application.
It is highly recommended that participants discuss their plans to apply for Fulbright with their Chair and Dean’s office before completing their application. The UF International Center will contact chairs and deans for their signature upon receipt of the enrollment form.
Upon their return to UF, successful applicants will be required to:
- Remain at the university for at least one academic year. Any exceptions must be approved in writing prior to the acceptance of the grant.
- Provide a report of their Fulbright activities to the UF International Center as well as to their department chair and college office.
- Agree to be available to serve as a periodic reviewer for UF student and scholar Fulbright applications for two years following the grant.
- Make one presentation on their experiences for the Fulbright Lecture Series in the year following the grant.
- Periodically help to promote Fulbright on campus.