The University of Florida International Center (UFIC) is committed to ensuring the integration of international students and families into the life of the University of Florida and the city of Gainesville during their time here.
Most of the processes provided by UFIC for F-1 students can be requested though our online system:
The Continued Attendance I-20 may be used for re-entry of the student to attend the same school after traveling, when signed by an International Student Advisor in the Travel Endorsement section on page two. Each travel signature is valid for only one year from the signature date. If you need a new signature, click on the request button. This online process takes one week.
To request a reprint of your I-20 and/or your dependent's I-20 if the I-20 has been damaged, lost, or stolen.
Update financial information on the I-20 form.
To update your program information (if your I-20 does not show the right major).
To remove any dependents from your I-20.
To add F-2 dependent who will apply for the F-2 visa at a U.S. Consular Office abroad:
To add F-2 dependent who will apply for the F-2 change of visa status in the U.S., please click here.
Students who are not able to complete their degree requirements before the program end date listed on their I-20 must request an extension by clicking the button at the end of this page. Instructions for submitting the extension request are outlined below. Once the I-20 has been processed, the student will be notified by email.
Extension Eligibility Guidelines:
- Students must have maintained their legal status on a continued basis
- The extension request must be supported by “compelling academic or medical reasons.”
- The application for extension must be submitted to UFIC within a 90-day period prior to the expiration of the current I-20.
- Extensions are granted for a maximum of one year at a time. If additional time is needed, a second request may be submitted at a future date.
- F-2 dependent extensions are granted at the same time as extensions for the primary F-1.
F-1 Students who are admitted to a New Degree Program at UF after graduating from their current program are required to submit a Change of Education Level Request to obtain a new I-20 for your new program:
Student Status Requests
Employment Authorization Requests
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- Optional Practical Training (OPT)
- STEM OPT Extension
- OPT & STEM OPT Reporting Requirements
- Severe Economic Hardship Employment
- Special Student Relief (SSR)
Click here for information about the Social Security Application Process.