Professional Development Opportunities for Virtual Exchange
The Office of Global Learning at the UF International Center offers a 5-week, fully online course during which participants receive step-by-step guidance as they develop their virtual exchange projects. Participants will become familiar with various models for virtual exchange and learn about the requirements for implementing a successful VE within a course that they teach regularly. UF faculty are encouraged to attend the course with their virtual exchange partners and by the end of the training should have a draft for their own VE project ready to implement.
Award: All participants will receive a digital badge upon completion of the program. UF Faculty will receive $500 in professional development funds pending budgetary approval. This training counts for 500 miles toward the Global Teaching and Learning Certificate.
Learn More and Submit an Application
- A variety of free online self-paced courses is available through the Qatar Foundation International. Participants can work on these courses at their own pace and can obtain a digital badge after completion.
- Going Global U has a series of training videos for VE facilitators.
- Virtual exchange organizations and networks often hold and publicize workshops and training opportunities. Some of these groups are listed below:
The below professional development opportunities are ways that you can expand on your VE experience once you have implemented a VE project.
UF faculty and staff have the option of applying for a travel grant from the UF International Center to attend international education conferences. Below are some suggestions that are specific to virtual exchange:
- International Virtual Exchange Conference (IVEC) is the largest and most prominent event on virtual exchange, providing a forum for an audience of deans, directors, faculty, instructional designers, administrators, and professionals from institutions around the world interested in technology enabled global learning, international education, and new pedagogies.
- The Latin American COIL Network offers an annual virtual exchange conference each summer.
Learn More About Conference Travel Funding
If you use the IntCRIT and IntComm Survey Instrument (administered by the Office of Global Learning) with your VE course, you may reference and cite the data from the final report in your publication.
Below are some examples of publications by UF faculty on virtual exchange:
If you are interested in travelling to meet with your current VE partner about furthering your collaborations, consider applying for a travel grant through the UF International Center.
Learn More About the Partner Visit Program