Global Learning Institute
-- Applications for Spring 2022 will open in Summer 2021. --
The Global Learning Institute is a cohort-based semester long program aimed at providing faculty with relevant tools, pedagogies, and techniques to make their on-campus courses more global. During the institute, participants receive guidance and support for the development of a new international course or the revision of an existing one.
The program is designed as a:
- Collaborative space intended to give faculty access to tools, techniques, and resources to internationalize their on-campus or online courses
- Hub for new ideas, where faculty will meet with peers and other professionals to create campus collaborations that support global learning
- Guide to campus resources for internationalization, professional development, technology-enhanced global learning, and course design
The Global Learning Institute is part of the Passport to Great Teaching program and qualifies for 750 miles toward the Global Teaching & Learning Certificate. More information can be found at https://teach.ufl.edu/passport-to-great-teaching/begin-your-passport-journey/.
Program Participants will gain:
- An enhanced teaching toolkit
- A collaborative network of like-minded peers
- Knowledge of campus and local resources for internationalization
- A newly internationalized course with an International Scholars Program course designation
- A Global Learning Institute Scholar certificate of award
- Professional development funding
- To see the Spring 2021 GLI Program, participants, and facilitators, please click here.
- To see the Spring 2020 GLI Program, participants, and facilitators, please click here.
- Tenured and tenure-track UF faculty, lecturers, and other non-tenured faculty who have ongoing teaching appointments in undergraduate degree-granting units. Adjunct faculty are not eligible.
- Attend the Global Learning Institute workshop series including: orientation, closing symposium, and six of the seven workshops throughout the Spring 2021 semester. All workshops will be held from 9:00am-10:30am via Zoom.
|Date & Time||Workshop||Location|
|January 15th, 9:00-10:30 AM||Orientation. Institute goals and structure; meeting the facilitators.||Via Zoom|
|January 29th, 9:00-10:30 AM||What is Curriculum Internationalization?||Via Zoom|
|February 12th, 9:00-10:30 AM||Campus Resources for Global Learning: The Museums||Via Zoom|
|February 26th, 9:00-10:30 AM||Teaching Glocally: Engaging the Campus and the Community||Via Zoom|
|March 12th, 9:00-10:30 AM||Inclusive Teaching & Global Diversity||Via Zoom|
|March 26th, 9:00-10:30 AM||Active Learning & Assessment||Via Zoom|
|April 9th, 9:00-10:30 AM||Intro to Virtual Exchange||Via Zoom|
|April 23rd, 9:00-10:30 AM||The Career Value of Global Learning||Via Zoom|
|April 30th, 9:00-10:30 AM||Symposium Project Presentation & Faculty Symposium||Via Zoom|
- Participate in collaborative and multidisciplinary conversations with fellow faculty members about curriculum internationalization
- Complete a course proposal which will then be implemented and offered as part of the International Scholars Program
- Proposal for a new or revised course
- $5,000 award in professional development funds
- Information Sessions (Held via Zoom. Please email OGL@ufic.ufl.edu for the Zoom link.)
- Tuesday, October 20th 2:00-3:00pm
- Wednesday, November 4th 10:00-11:00am
- Proposal Deadline: Wednesday, December 9th, 2020
Proposal Submission Process
Proposal package must include:
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (3 page maximum)
- Personal Statement of Interest
- Signatures of Endorsement from Department Chair/Director and College Dean
Submit an electronic copy to OGL@ufic.ufl.edu.
Paloma Rodriguez, Director, Office of Global Learning, University of Florida International Center