Global Teaching & Learning Certificate
In collaboration with the UF International Center, the Center for Teaching Excellence offers a Global Teaching & Learning Certificate as part of their Passport to Great Teaching program.
To obtain the Global Teaching & Learning Certificate, faculty can choose from a variety of workshops that introduce them to resources and techniques to make their courses more global. Some of these trainings help faculty internationalize their on-campus courses by using technology to create global classrooms or working with local resources and organizations. Other courses in this passport help faculty prepare for the experience of teaching abroad by guiding them in the development of their own study abroad programs. Elective activities include learning how to engage in international research through the Global Fellows Program or attending Fulbright program panels and other international educational activities.
Miles Required: 1000
Core Activities: 500-800 miles
(must complete at least one)
*Registration for the core activities must be completed on the International Center website.
**Miles for these activities are uploaded to the Passport Portal once per year.
Elective Activities: 250-500 miles
- Choose any combination of activities from the Global Learning category
- Submit a short reflection on any activity not hosted by the Center for Teaching Excellence (i.e. Global Fellows, Fulbright Panel…)
Here’s How it Works:
- Create an account for the Passport Portal.
- If you already have an account, login to the Passport Portal.
- If you need help navigating the Passport Portal, view the user guide.
- Register for the Global Teaching and Learning track through the Passport Portal.
Please email OGL@ufic.ufl.edu with any questions.