Begin your journey today. In just a few short steps you can earn academic credit abroad towards your degree while taking courses abroad!
Follow these simple steps to get started. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Study Abroad Advisor for your host country.
- Review the Study Abroad Workbook for more information on how to study abroad.
- Attend a Study Abroad Info session (on Tuesday and Wednesday during Fall and Spring terms, 3pm – 3:50pm, UFIC Large Conference Room. For program specific info sessions, click here).
- If you have questions, contact a Study Abroad Advisor who advises for programs in your host country.
- Search for programs online.
- Budget for your program using this handy worksheet.
- Meet with Financial Aid advisor, Allison Costa to determine your eligibility to use your aid for study abroad. To contact Allison use http://www.sfa.ufl.edu/help/ to submit your study abroad financial aid question.
- Apply to the selected program by clicking on the Apply Now button on the program page and complete all the requirements of your application. Please note, all application items must be completed in order to be approved for a program. Incomplete applications by the program deadline may result in cancellation from the program without further notification.
- Obtain a passport/ensure it is valid for at least six months of your round-trip travel dates. Visit www.travel.state.gov to apply for a passport.
- If applicable, obtain a visa to study in your host country once your application is approved. Click here for entry requirements for your host country.
- If applicable, obtain required vaccination. Click here for more information.
- Attend Pre-departure orientation.
- Have an amazing experience studying abroad!
Study Abroad Info Sessions
We encourage you to begin your journey to study abroad by attending one of our many information sessions. Find out more about our many program options, earning credits towards your degree, application procedures, financial aid, and scholarships. No appointment necessary.
General Info Sessions
Tuesdays and Wednesdays
3:00 pm – 3:50 pm
International Center, located in The Hub, 1765 Stadium Road