Global Fellows Program
-- Applications Due October 11, 2019 --
The International Center’s theme of learning without borders extends to our faculty and research community. Through the Global Fellows Program, UF faculty can kick-start their international research program. A seed grant of $5,000 provides faculty an opportunity to lay the groundwork for conducting international research. Faculty can use these funds to cover expenses to travel to collect field data, to meet with international scholars, to access resources not available at UF, and to support any activity that advances research abroad.
- Tenure track faculty and others with a research assignment, from all UF schools and colleges, and who are within the first 10 years of their academic career. Adjuncts and visiting faculty are not eligible.
- Fellows must demonstrate a commitment to add or integrate an international dimension to their existing research stream. No previous international research experience is required.
- Attend the Global Workshop series including: orientations, closing symposium, and five of the six workshops offered during the fellowship.
- January 10, 2020 Orientation
- January 17, 2020: Finding International Funding
- January 31, 2020: Developing Proposals for International Research
- February 14, 2020: Navigating the IRB, Export Controls, International Permits and Other Bureaucratic Hurdles
- March 13, 2020: Engaging Students and Internationalizing the Curriculum, Study Abroad
- March 27, 2020: International partnerships & agreements
- April 10, 2020: Working with international partners
- April 24, 2020: Faculty Symposium
- Complete an international research trip within one year.
- Identify and meet with an on-campus mentor who will provide guidance related to pursuing the international research project and other professional development endeavors during the program and beyond.
Amount of Award
- $5,000 travel stipend award to Fellow
- Honoraria of $1,000 is provided to mentor
- Information Sessions (International Center, Large Conference Room, HUB, 1765 Stadium Road)
- July 12, 2019 9 am – 10 am
- September 12, 2019, 2 – 3 pm
- September 13, 2019, 10 – 11 am
- Proposal Deadline: 5 pm, October 11, 2019
- Announcement of Award: November 11, 2019
Proposal Submission Process
Proposal package must include:
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (3 page maximum)
- Personal Statement of interest (2 page maximum)
Include your international research goals, previous experience, how this opportunity will benefit your career trajectory, and your commitment to attend the workshops and to engage fully in the program.
- Name of faculty mentor and a letter of support
- Letter of support from department chair, school director, or dean
Submit an electronic copy (include all documents in single PDF file) to Julie Fesenmaier – email@example.com
Julie Fesenmaier, Associate Director, Office for Global Research Engagement, University of Florida International Center
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 352-273-1521
2018 Global Fellows
- Stephanie Bohlman
- Chris Busey
- Masanori Fujimoto
- Vanessa Hull
- Vincent Lecours
- Christine Overdevest
- Marek Schwendt
- Plato Smith II
- Heather Vrana
- Ying Xiao
2017 Global Fellows
- Paula Alexander-Delpech
- Randall A. Cantrell
- Lisa Iglesias
- Richard Kernaghan
- Héctor E. Pérez
- Jorge Ruiz-Menjivar
- Biagio Santorelli
- Craig Smith
- Zhihua Su
- Jianping Wang