2023 Global Fellows Program
The International Center’s theme of learning without borders extends to our faculty and research community. Through the Global Fellows Program, UF faculty can kick-start their international research program. A seed grant of $5,000 provides faculty an opportunity to lay the groundwork for conducting international research. Faculty can use these funds to cover expenses to travel to collect field data, to meet with international scholars, to access resources not available at UF, and to support any activity that advances research abroad.
- Tenure track faculty and others with a research assignment, from all UF schools and colleges, and who are within the first 10 years of their academic career. Adjuncts and visiting faculty are not eligible.
- Fellows must demonstrate a commitment to add or integrate an international dimension to their existing research stream. No previous international research experience is required.
- Attend the Global Workshop series including: orientations, closing symposium, and five of the six workshops offered during the fellowship.
- Orientation: Friday, January 13, 2023, 1 – 3 pm
- Workshop 1: Friday, January 27, 2023, 9 – 11 am
Finding Funding to Support International Research
- Workshop 2: Friday, February 10, 2023, 9 – 11 am
Preparing Proposals to Support International Research
- Workshop 3: Friday, February 24, 2023, 9 – 11 am
Navigating the IRB, Export Controls, International Permits and Other Bureaucratic Hurdles
- Workshop 4: Friday, March 10, 2023, 9 – 11 am
Measuring Scientific Merit and Broader Impact on Society, Education and Outreach
- Workshop 5: Friday, March 24, 2023, 9 – 11 am
International Partnerships and Agreements
- Workshop 6: Friday April 7, 2023, 9 – 11 am
Engaging Students and Internationalizing the Curriculum, Study Abroad, Experiential Learning and More
- Symposium: Friday, April 21, 2023, 9 am – 1 pm
- Complete an international research trip within one year.
- Identify and meet with an on-campus mentor who will provide guidance related to pursuing the international research project and other professional development endeavors during the program and beyond.
Amount of Award
- $5,000 travel stipend award to Fellow
- Honoraria of $1,000 is provided to mentor
Proposal Due Date
- Monday, October 17, 2022
Proposal Submission Process
Proposal package must include:
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (2 page maximum)
- Personal Statement of interest (2 page maximum)
Include your international research goals, previous experience, how this opportunity will benefit your career trajectory, and your commitment to attend the workshops and to engage fully in the program.
- Name of faculty mentor and a letter of support
- Letter of support from department chair, school director, or dean
- Submit an electronic copy (include all documents in single PDF file) to Dr. Nargiza Ludgate at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nargiza Ludgate, Ph.D. - Assistant Scholar – email@example.com - (352) 871-5135
Sandra Russo, Ph.D. - Director, Office for Global Research Engagement - firstname.lastname@example.org - (352) 273-1533