Students' health insurance must meet the Affordable Care Act requirements. The following information explains the insurance process:
- There will be an insurance information hold on the student record hold screen in one.UF, which the student must read and agree that he/she understands.
- A charge for insurance will show up on the student bursar record 30 days prior to the start of the fall semester and every semester after that, if a student has not shown proof of health insurance.
- To remove this charge, a student may waive it by showing proof of health insurance that meets the UF requirements (as outlined on the website-see #4).
- To waive the charge and show proof of insurance coverage, please go to: http://studentinsurance.shcc.ufl.edu/waiver-instructions/
- Please direct any questions concerning the new policy to Health Compliance Office firstname.lastname@example.org or phone number 352-294-2925
- For assistance with the initial waiver process, please contact Maryshelly Quiñones at UFIC: email@example.com.
UF Sponsored Plan for all Undergraduate and Graduate Students: United HealthCare Insurance
On the United HealthCare website, students will be able to see full details of coverage, prices, and be able to enroll online. If a student has questions, contact the Local Servicing Agent, Scarborough Company-Insurance, Inc. Their phone # 352-377-2002.
Please click HERE to enroll for insurance.
|The dates for the terms for which students may enroll are as follows:|
|Fall:||08/16/2019 - 01/05/2020|
|Fall/Spring:||08/16/2019 - 05/10/2020|
|Annual 2019-2020:||08/16/2019 - 08/15/2020|
|Spring:||01/06/2020 - 05/10/2020|
|Spring/Summer 2020:||01/06/2020 - 08/15/2020|
|Summer 2020:||05/11/2020 - 08/15/2020|
Other Health Insurance Plans that are ACA Compliant:
- PSI - Platinum & Diamond Elite meets UF requirements. PSI Insurance ID Card are immediately available for download/print after purchase.
- ISP: Trail Blazer and Trail Blazer Elite
- ISO Insurance
- GatorGradCare (UF Graduate Assistants ONLY)
- What if you do not have health insurance?
We are proceeding with the Mandatory Health Insurance requirement as an Opt Out system where students who don't opt out by providing documentation of adequate health insurance will be automatically enrolled in the school-sponsored plan. A student may either purchase outside health insurance that meets the requirements for comparable coverage or he/she can be auto-enrolled in the school-sponsored plan.
- What if I do NOTHING before the deadline?
Students that take no action will be auto-enrolled in the school sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan and a charge will be placed on their account according to specific semester deadlines. Students will not be able to appeal this charge after the Insurance Waiver Deadline has passed. For students that have comparable health insurance coverage, please submit the waiver PRIOR to the deadline and the charge will be removed.
More information including insurance coverage guidelines, frequently asked questions, how to submit one's insurance information and more, can be found at http://studentinsurance.shcc.ufl.edu. If a student has further questions, please contact UF Student Health Care Center's (SHCC) Health Compliance Office firstname.lastname@example.org or phone number 352-294-2925. For additional questions about the requirement, contact the Dean of Students Office at (352) 392-1261.