The University of Florida International Center (UFIC) is here to assist students with making a smooth transition to U.S. culture and student life at the University of Florida (UF). Each year, UF hosts more than 6,000 international students on its beautiful campus. International students may utilize J-1 or F-1 visa status.
This area of the UFIC website details information for J-1 students. For F-1 student information, click here.
Within the UFIC, the Exchange Visitor Services (EVS) unit is responsible for administering the J-1 program and supporting international students who seek/obtain a J-1 student visa to study at UF.
Some of the services provided for international students include:
- Processing the Form DS-2019s for incoming international students once they have been formally admitted to UF.
- Advising international students and UF faculty/staff regarding immigration compliance, visa status maintenance, employment eligibility, and acculturation issues.
- Offering workshops on various international student concerns, and collaborating with other campus units to present workshops on cultural adjustment and other topics.
- Developing/presenting orientation programs for new international students.
- Collaborating with other UF departments, including UF off-campus sites, to increase the level of understanding regarding international students, immigration issues, and the role of UFIC services.
The UFIC is a separate department from the UF Office of Admissions. Our office works with international students once UF admission is officially granted.
The evaluation of the admission application, credentials, credits, foreign transcripts, and/or funding decisions are made exclusively by the Office of Admissions and relevant academic departments.
For more information on the admissions application process, please review the Office of Admissions site.