The UF Center for Undergraduate Research, in collaboration with the UF International Center is pleased to announce that this summer it will be sponsoring a Summer Undergraduate International Research Program (SUIRP). This program is designed for current undergraduate researchers in all disciplines to spend 8-10 weeks summer 2018 conducting research at an international institution. To be eligible, students must have a minimum of one year experience conducting research at UF and not be graduating before December 2018. Students are responsible for securing an international host before applying and then submitting a complete SUIRP application by February 14, 2018. Students are encouraged to talk with their UF research mentor and departmental administrators to identify international collaborators that may be potential hosts.
Students may request up to $5000 to support the SUIRP experience.
For additional funding, Applicants are encouraged to also apply for the University Scholars Program. https://www.facebook.com/events/370211296762941/
SUIRP Application can be found at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PXVQHdB_6xLNZGUdqehY2k3b7N2gbc1W/view.
For more information, email Dr. Anne Donnelly at email@example.com.
Once selected, SUIRP participants are required to:
- Contact the Study Abroad Advisor for the region of your research to complete your study abroad application with the International Center (Application fee of $150 is required).
- Enroll in a one credit course (determined after selection)
- Attend pre-trip orientation session
- Attend regularly scheduled web meetings with Dr. Donnelly during the summer
- Attend post-trip debriefing meeting
- Develop an e-portfolio (training provided)
- Present a research poster at the Fall Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Submit a research paper to the UF Journal of Undergraduate Research
Participants are encouraged to become part of the UF International Scholars Program.